Thursday, May 22, 2008

EMBARGOED


For those that know me, to spend some qulaity time with my partner on the couch watching a chick flick is quite rare (we are pretty busy with work and social commitments). Today was going to be an exception, a nice quiet night in with the kids asleep watching a romantic commedy (the Heartbreak Kid as it turns out). So, off to the above highlighted video store to rent the movie. The girl behind the counter checks the computer (Little Britton got it exactly right with that woman in the travel shop......computer says no) and sees that we have one dvd overdue by one day......a kids dvd which we must have overlooked. Now, we have spent quite a bit at this store and the girl who works there allot knows us and our kids and always says hello to us. She is behind the counter when I am told by this girl that I cannot rent a movie as this kids movie is one day overdue. I say to the girl who knows us that "surely you can trust someone who is a regular customer and is known by the senior staff".....the answer....."the computer says ........ we cannot lend".
This is the same store that when I had my two year old son with me busting to go to the toilet in the store, I was told that "we cannot allow members of the puclic to use the staff toilets as our liability insurance does not cover members of the public".
What is happening to our society when a two and a half year old cannot use a toilet due to "rules" and a computer dictates rules over human decency.
SO - NEVER USE VIDEO CITY...SPREAD THE WORD.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By the way....The Heart Break Kid was crap....just to cap off the experience!!!

Phobus